Thanksgiving, it’s here!
First of all, I want to let everyone know that I have the honor of being the guest poster over at the Diabetes Social Media Advocacy blog today! Check it out here!
Diabetes Social Media Advocacy, or DSMA for short, started as a twitter chat that is hosted by Cherise, who blogs at Diabetes Daily and tweets @Diabetic_Iz_me. It takes place every Wednesday at 9 eastern time and is fantastically fun. Now it’s not only a twitter chat, but a blog and a live radio show! You can listen to the show on Thursday nights here! It’s pretty sweet.
Yesterday, in case you missed it (it went up late), I talked about my family’s Thanksgiving traditions and the way I handle diabetes on Thanksgiving. As promised, here are my last seven items of thanks.
- Access to clean, fresh, cool water. Many people do not have it and it is becoming more scarce, especially here in the west.
- A fresh delivery of three months of insulin and, as I said to my roommate, “I can live for three months!” the refreshing knowledge that I HAVE what I need to be alive for the next three months.
- My college education – despite my debt and my continuing to fight and work for my degree, I know it will pay off in the long run.
- Did I mention that I am thankful to be partaking in a Thanksgiving meal today? Thanks again, neighbors!
- Thankful for my extended family – and sad I won’t get to see them this week. Praying I will get to see at least some of them next month!
- Motivation to organize my house. I finished up my yoga/exercise room last night and it looks pretty fantastic if I do say so myself.
- New opportunities – Did I mention I’ll be spending March through June in South Carolina?
Have a happy Turkey Day, don’t forget to tell the ones you love that you love them, and don’t forget to test your blood sugar! 😀