(I keep promising a post detailing my travel but I am just not in the state of mind to write it at this point).
On the bright side, I did come up with a list of 11 goals I want to accomplish in 2011.
(“On the bright side” is an ironic metaphor at this point for me. It makes me think of how right now, the Uintah basin, where I live, is under an “inversion” when the warm air gets trapped above the cold air, making the temperatures frigid. For example, last night when I went to sleep it was -14, even though when they predicted last night’s low they said it would “only” get down to 1. Anyway, the point of this now-rambling side note is that when the sun shines during an inversion, it actually gets colder! The only thing that will break the inversion is a winter storm, which we’re not expected to get until early next week).
Here are my list of 2011 goals:
- Be healthy, look good, feel good.
- Read, one book a week is the goal.
- Live in 4 states (so far I am sure I will live in three!)
- Go backcountry camping. Ben was utterly amazed I hadn’t done anything but car camp. “What kind of Park Service employee are you?” The intern kind.
- Climb a rock wall, preferably outside, and make it to the top. This is something Ben is inerested in and something I did a lot of in high school (in the form of an inside wall with pegs) and I think it would be a fun and interesting way to get into shape.
- Run a 5k. I’ll admit this one is kind of a stretch, but I wanted a small goal of running and I thought 1 mile was too short but 5 miles was too long, so I figured that 5k would be a good compromise.
- Ride in the Tour de Cure – the date for the Springfield Tour de Cure may work out perfectly with when I will be heading back west after my South Carolina gig. I’m planning on bringing my bike to South Carolina as there will be a place to ride as well as nice weather to ride in!
- A1C under 7 – and to be quite honest, I have no idea what my A1C is right now, but I am guessing it is well over 7. This one will take lots of work and persistence.
- Attend at least 1 Diabetes Conference – I’m hoping for Diabetes Sisters Weekend for Women in April!
- Start paying off student loans – I have far too much debt hanging over my head. Deferment needs to stop!
- Forget about the past and live life with no regrets. If you know me personally, you probably understand what I mean here, at least a little. I’m done with school (for now, the dream of CDE still remains in the back of my mind) and ready to get on with my life. Bring it on, 2011!